A simple Steak Rub With Garlic and Paprika Super Easy Recipe
A simple combination of ingredients from this classic steakhouse that will bring out the best flavor in your next chicken or steak!
- 1.5 tablespoons coarse kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic bag and seal it tightly. Shake it to thoroughly combine all ingredients.
- Generously cover each side of the steak with the seasoning and let it rest for about 40 minutes. This allows the salt to penetrate through the surface (through osmosis) and actually helps break down the muscle fibers, which results in a more tender meat. During this time, the liquid that initially surfaced has time to reabsorb, which makes the meat juicer.
- Once the grill is nice and hot, place the steak(s) on and cook for 4-5 minutes, until it’s browned and slightly charred. Flip it over and cook for the following additional time:
- 5 minutes: Medium Rare
- 7 minutes: Medium
- 10 minutes: Well Done