Perfect Pan-Seared Steak Recipe
- 1 bone-in or boneless rib eye steak or sirloin steak at least 1 ½ pounds, cut to at least 1 ½ inches thick
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 peeled garlic cloves, left whole
- Few sprigs fresh parsley, including stems
- Optional: Wine and stock (chicken, beef, veal,etc.) and butter for deglazing the pan and making a delicious pan sauce
- Optional: Roasted potato wedges (see note above)
- Salt and pepper one side of the steak.
- Read More..