Grilled Pineapple Chicken with Marinade Recipe
This Pineapple Chicken can be grilled or cooked on the stovetop and even turned into a delectable stir fry (as many readers have done and loved) because the sauce is everything!
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins OR skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup CANNED pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice (1 for less tangy)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons Asian chili paste (like Sambal Oelek)
- 1 tsp EACH salt, garlic pwdr, ginger pwdr
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- chopped green onions
- additional Asian chili sauce to taste
- Whisk the Marinade/Glaze ingredients together in a medium bowl. Add 1/3 cup to a large freezer bag and whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil. Add the chicken and marinate 2-4 hours in the refrigerator. Refrigerate the remaining marinade (will become your Glaze) separately.
- Read More...